The Forney 318 190-Amp MIG can be used on boats, repair welding, cars and general fabrication. When you purchase this welding unit, you’ll be glad to know that it’s MIG ready with gas hose and regulator. Although this unit isn’t as portable as some other welding machines, the cable wraps make it easier to transport it. This unit has a 190 amp maximum output and is a transformer based multi step welder with six taps. It contains the MIG (GNAW) and Flux Cored (FCAW) processes. Consumers who were looking for a new machine from Forney, which offers quality features on this welding unit. This machine weights 74 pounds and it’s dimensions are 20.2 x 10.2 x 16. The 318 190-Amp IMG is corded-electric powered and has a quick start guide. It includes a flow meter and a gas hose and can weld up to 3/8 inches.
The Forney 318 190-AMP MIG Welder has several features that make it stand out from many welding machines and shows you that you don’t to pay a bit extra to get amazing features at your disposal.
- Usable on wide range of metallic materials such as mild steel, stainlees steel, aluminum as well as cast iron.
- Wire Feed is of a better quality thaan most welding units as it contains the cast-aluminum drive system, which is the reason that the wire feeder is more rugged to weld heavy duty materials.
- Enables you to weld all types of materials from metal fabrication to to routine maintenance, and you can use it for automotive, on farms, boats and will get the job done on mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum and cast iron.
- The aluminum drive wire feeder helps you to achieve a stable and smooth arc. settings that enables the user to set the required power for welding different metals according to the requirements.
The great thing about the Forney 318 190-Amp MIG is that you can be use it for many purposes. That’s one of the things that makes it great. You can use it for automotive, on your farm or for metal fabrication.
Considering that the wire feeder has an aluminum drive system, the 318 190-AMP MIG is more rugged, which enables it to weld heavy duty materials. Due to the large cabinet on this welding unit, it accepts spool sizes 4″ and 8″. The acceptable wire diameters are up to 0.35″.
Additional equipment materials
Although this welding unit has features that enable you to tackle the harshest materials, it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. It’s actually quite affordable. So what else do you get?
- 318 MIG welder with a 10 feet welding torch
- Operating user manual guide
- Euro-connect MIG gun with Tweco compatible consumables
- Flowmeter and gas hose
- Relatively low duty cycle
- A Welding Face Shield
- Ground clamp
- Argon/CO2 regulator
When you consider everything about the Forney 318 190-Amp MIG, you definitely get value for money. It’s built to last and you can use it for various materials.