Power and Applications
If you’re looking for a particularly effective angle grinder, then you should know that the DEWALT grinders are some of the best on the market. Today, we wanted to talk about a particular DEWALT model, the DEWALT DWE402 angle grinder. We specifically chose this model due to its impressive specifications.
For instance, this Dewalt has an 11 Amp AC/DC 11,000 RPM motor. We found it to be both powerful and reliable. It’s durable and quite inexpensive, thus incorporating almost every feature you could possibly want in a small angle grinder. We’ve thoroughly tested this DEWALT angle grinder for you.
This is what we have to share.
Portability and Flexibility
As is customary in our reviews, we will first focus on this angle grinder’s portability and flexibility. We realize a lot of our readers are interested in these two key aspects. The DEWALT DWE402 weighs 6 pounds, which is a bit heavier than other similar angle grinders. It’s certainly not so heavy as to be cumbersome to weld on the fly. While testing, we felt like this model was quite portable. We felt we could focus on more detailed work without fearing that the extra weight will damage the appearance of the metal.
The weight to size ration is one of the best on the market.
If the angle grinder were smaller, it would have been difficult to properly grind with. As is, this Dewalt performs its job perfectly thanks to its one-touch guard. This guard allows you to rotate the grinder 360 degrees in one simple and easy movement, making it incredibly flexible.
As mentioned before, the Dewalt impressed us quite a bit. One of the most impressive features were its superb specifications.
- Dust Ejection System: Worried about your angle grinder malfunctioning due to the sheer debris produced by grinding? The DEWALT DWE402 comes with an ejection system. The ejection system protects its internal mechanisms from build up and ensures that no dust will interfere with the performance of your angle grinder. Moreover, this system also ensures that your work area will remain tidy.
- Quick Change Wheel: Gone are the days when you had to use tools in order to change the wheel of your grinder. The DEWALT DWE402 includes a quick change wheel that allows you to perform this task on the fly, without any tools.
- One-Touch Guard: As we’ve already mentioned, the one-touch guard provides you with a 360-degrees rotation with only one movement.
- Paddle Switch: The paddle switch is also worth mentioning here. It has a lock-off system. This contributes to the safety of this angle grinder, preventing accidents such as you starting the grinder by mistake and hurting yourself.
- Oversized Brushes: Yet another specification you should be aware of is the DEWALT’s oversized brushes. The size of the brushes on this model ensure that they will last twice as long as competing models.
- Large Spiral Bevel Gear: The last important thing to consider is the bevel gear. This gear ensures long transmission life, which means you will be able to use this machine for years to come.
Now that we’ve provided you with the main features of the DEWALT DWE402 angle grinder, let’s underline the benefits that impressed us most.
- Flexibility: This is probably the most impressive aspect. After working with the Dewalt for a few hours, we instantly understood why so many people rave about it. It’s incredibly flexible – perfect both for intricate/delicate work, and for work that requires more oomph.
- Extended Life Span: We appreciate that DEWALT really set out to manufacture a well-made grinder that lasts longer than competitors. This is apparent in almost all of the features of the DWE402. As aforementioned, the oversized brushes and the large spiral bevel gear extend its life.
- Comfortability: People who use angle grinders on a regular basis know how important it is for the grinder to feel comfortable to hold and use. This model gets a thumbs up from us. It has a small gripping surface, yet remains big enough to hold without fear of dropping it. Your hands won’t get tired of using it. This is definitely a plus for people who want to use it for extended projects.
- Cleanliness: Finally, we must also mention the fact that you can use the DEWALT DWE402 without making a mess around you or inside of its air vents.
- Possibly uncomfortable for some: While we didn’t experience this issue, some people felt that this angle grinder is uncomfortable to use due to its slightly bulkier shape.
- It’s more suitable for experienced users: This may not necessarily be a con per se. However, this model should be considered by more experienced users.
Cost and Warranty
You can purchase the DEWALT DWE402 angle grinder on Amazon, where it only costs $89.00. All orders include a standard 3-year warranty (with typical limitations).
The DEWALT DWE402 is definitely one of the best angle grinders on the market, especially for people who grind on a regular basis and need a reliable machine. Moreover, it comes with an impressive variety of features at a low price, which is more than we can wish for in an angle grinder. We felt 100 percent satisfied while testing it. Moreover, we strongly recommend this model to anyone looking for a cheap and powerful angle grinder.
The DEWALT DWE402 is possibly one of our all time favorite angle grinders on the market.