If you are seriously looking for a simple yet more versatile TIG welder to meet your welding purposes, then I recommend you to read this Everlast PowerTig 200DX review.
I can assure you that this would be a great starting point for you. This welding unit is loaded with all the great features you would want for a smooth welding experience.
This machine has the capability to handle any welding job you are up to in a single pass.
There is one shortcoming to the Everlast PowerTig 200DX, the fact that it was discontinued by Everlast a few years ago.
However, we updated all the images and Amazon links to redirect to a comparable model, the 2019 Everlast PowerTIG 185DV.
We elected to keep this review online as the 200DX is still available in some foreign markets, like Finland. Also, used ones are available on sites such as Ebay from time to time.
There are two minor distinctions between the 200DX and the 185DV models. Firstly, the 185DV weighs 40 pounds versus the 37 pounds of the 200DX.
Additionally, the adjustable AC frequency rate of the 185DV ranges from 20-250Hz. However, the 200 DX is rated from 5 to 250Hz.
Lastly, purchase of the Everlast PowerTIG 185DV includes a five-year manufacturer’s warranty covering parts and labor.
Features of Everlast PowerTig 200DX:
So, what makes this welding unit to be considered as more desirable in the welding industry? It’s none other than the machine’s outstanding features. Understand the features of PowerTig 200DX here:
- AC and DC Capability: This welding unit has both AC and DC capability and hence you don’t have to worry about the voltage type while using this product. In addition, this welding unit coming with the completely adjustable AC frequency along with an AC balance control.
- Pulse Mode: The Everlast PowerTig 200DX review suggests that the adjustable pulse mode is one among the most promising features that has been incorporated into this machine. This feature will give you helping hand whenever you want to weld the difficult and heat sensitive metals. This feature will be completely functional in both the AC and DC voltage settings.
- Panel and Foot Pedal Controlled Modes: With the Everlast PowerTig 200DX, you will have the option to operate in either the panel mode or foot pedal controlled mode. As such, the panel control mode would offer you both the 2t and 4t with just a touch of a button.
- Digital Readout Feature: You will be able to read the amperage settings in this machine with the help of the digital readout feature. This would give you an accurate setting of amperage while using your welding unit in torch switch mode.
- Controls are Color Coded: This welding unit has been incorporated with the controls that are color coded. This particularly will ease out your selection and control processes as they are easy to find as well as understand.
- What about Torch and Accessories: The torch and accessories that are coming with this welding set is ergonomic styled. In addition, a special 240V outlet is incorporated into this unit with which you can use water cooler as with Everlast PowerPro 256.
Performance and Operation of Everlast PowerTig 200DX:
The welding unit in the current review will be able to produce a duty cycle of 35% and thus, this Everlast welding model is able to keep up with any inverter welder models in the current market. As this supports both AC and DC voltages, you can weld a range of metals like steel, aluminum, stainless steel, titanium and copper as well as nickel alloys.
Ease of Use:
From my experience, I found this welding unit easy to setup. Additionally, with the features like high frequency start and lift arc, you will find this machine extremely easy-to-use. Furthermore, the light weight of this machine would facilitate you with an easy transportation.
- This welding unit has got stable and smooth arc characteristics.
- This machine can be transported easily.
- The pulse function of this machine is enhancing the weld quality and reducing the heat input.
- This machine is coming with easy to connect torch as well as accessories.
- Consumable starter kits for TIG and plasma. (Tungsten not included for TIG). You will have to purchase the tungsten separately for which you need to pay some extra bucks.
- Also, there are no filler rod and shielding gas included in this unit.
Overall, Everlast PowerTig 200DX will be an excellent first or second machine which comes with the full capacity to weld almost all the metals. Whether you are new to welding or willing to step out on your own, this machine will be an ideal choice.
And, remember that the Everlast PowerTIG 200DX is no longer available. However, the link below takes you to the 2019 Everlast PowerTIG 185DV, a comparable model from Everlast.