Power and Applications
The Forney 298 is a stick welder that has an inverter power system. It has a 90 amp output and a 120-volt input. It has a corded electric power source. Just plug it in and you are ready to start welding!
Portability and Flexibility
This welder is lightweight and easy to take with your wherever you may need to weld. It weights approximately 7.5 lbs. It comes with a cord that is 6 feet long. It is extremely durable and is safe to use in a variety of settings. It can be used both outdoors and indoors. It also comes with a built-in carrying handle that you can wrap the cords around, which helps keep it very nicely organized.
This model includes the following features:
- It has a solid green metal exterior
- It is TIG capable
- It is durable yet lightweight and is easy to carry around with you
- The handle holds the cables when they are not in use
- It has a 120 input and a 90 amp output
- It comes with a 6-foot cord that enables you to move further out as you weld
- It has a fan built into the machine that comes on automatically when you begin to weld
- This arc welder does not require batteries
- It has TIG capabilities
- It has a built-in handle for easy transportation
- You can utilize a wide variety of filler metals with this product
- Switching from TIG to Stick is simple- it just requires you to flip a switch
- It is capable of welding from 16 gauge all the way up to 5/16 inch
- Compressed gasses are not required
- This product is capable of welding at various distances
- It can handle up to 1/8″ electrode
- You can weld a variety of materials with this product
- This Forney arc welder does not have a gas hookup
- Although it is TIG capable, you have to purchase your TIG torch separately
- A few customers felt that the product was overpriced for what it is capable of
- This welder is AC only
Cost and Warranty
This product is an extremely affordable option for welders. It currently sells for $148.89 on Amazon. The Forney 298 Arc Welder 100ST works well and is sold at a very reasonable price. It comes with a 6-month warranty. However, the warranty does not apply to product models that have been misused or accidentally broken. It is a well made, high-quality machine. Forney welding machines are made in the United States.
When it comes to welding, this arc welder product is an excellent option for any welder to have. It is very affordable, yet is also durable and reliable. The Forney 298 can be safely used in various settings. This versatility makes it extremely useful. Due to its compact size and low weight, it is versatile and portable. Amazon customers agree that this product is a good investment. It has consistently positive arc welder reviews from highly satisfied customers. I agree with the reviews. This is a really great welding product, and you cannot beat that price.