Power and Applications
Lincoln EasyMig 180 is a reliable industrial welder designed to weld thick steel and aluminum materials. Its output ranges from 30A to 180A, making it ideal for light industrial MIG and Flux-cored welding.
This versatile MIG welder offers maximum duty cycle of 30% at 130A and can weld up to 3/16 inch thick metals, good enough to accomplish any welding job, whether you are a farmer, fabricator, hobbyist or a backyard mechanic. No matter if you are a novice or an expert; it has been built in such a way that anybody can use it with minimum difficulty.
Portability and Flexibility
This welder is comparatively heavy and weighs around 66 pounds, but you can easily transport it by using a cart.
Lincoln EasyMig 180 runs on input power of either 208V or 230V. It can also be powered by generators and it requires a generator with maximum 6900 watt.
Some special features of Lincoln EasyMig 180 are;
- Diamond core technology allows the welder to deliver an excellent out-of-position arc action, a forgiving arc, low spatter and a wide voltage sweet spot at a given wire feed speed every time.
- Industrial cast aluminum drive feature, in which the dual gear-driven drive rolls deliver positive traction. The patented split wire guides always ensure optimal wire alignment and critical conductivity is aided by a brass-to-brass gun connection. Torque is improved by the large industrial closed-design drive motor, which also enhances trouble-free performance.
- No hassle tool-less design necessary for quick input power changes, mounting wire spool, wire drive service and polarity changes.
- Spool gun ready, which can be used instead of the MIG gun. The spool gun 100SG that comes with the equipment can be plugged to the welding machine and used in order to enhance the performance of feeding aluminum wire.
- Toughest PC board protection in the Industry, which has been potted to seal sensitive components from the environment. The welder is trayed in a tough plastic tray to add rigidity to the internal system and make the equipment more shock resistant.
Here are some advantages of having Lincoln EasyMig 180;
- Eco-friendly and safe for the environment.
- Strong, rugged and resistant to shock and vibration.
- Easy to use and convenient.
- Quick and easy to setup.
- Offers weld with low spatter and higher arc performance every time.
- This welder is heavier when compared to the others and needs an additional cart to transport.
- It can’t penetrate much thicker materials when compared to some welders with equal capacity.
- Its maximum output power is only 180A, which is much lower than other welders of the same category.
Cost and Warranty
Lincoln EasyMig 180 has all the features that a welding hobbyist can seek. It’s a very affordable tool, looking into all the aspects of the device, the cost is considerably low.
In such a good deal, you also get along the benefits of the Lincoln’s special 3 years warranty. In case any technical defect is encountered during the warranty period, you can get free replacement or cost free repairing service. You can also invest a few bucks to extend its warranty period up to 5 more years and enjoy prolonged benefits.
Lincoln EasyMig 180 is a versatile and very powerful tool with numerous benefits. But if you need a more powerful tool capable of penetrating heavier materials, either Hobart Handler 190 or Forney 318 is a better option.
If you still have some doubts about the welder, I recommend you to check the reviews and best price: