Power and Applications
Are you on the lookout for a really powerful, robust MIG welder? Take a look at the Lincoln Electric K2698 1. This model can adapt to different jobs and materials. We highly recommend this product as an amazing choice for almost any professional. With a 50-500 IPM wire feed speed control, 180-Amp output, and 230 Volts, it’s no surprise that this portable MIG welding machine has won over so many professionals.
The diversity of its specifications proves how versatile it is and how many welding activities it can help you complete. Let’s take a look at what makes this Lincoln Electric MIG welder one of the best in the market.
Portability and Flexibility
A lot of people are looking for flexibility and comfortability when operating MIG welders. After all, the welding process can last for a while. You don’t want to hurt yourself or waste any time because of the machine you’re using. This Lincoln Electric welder weighs 85 pounds. For a MIG welder, this is more than you can hope for. Given its dimensions of 18 5/8 x 10 1/8 x 14, this machine isn’t extremely heavy.
If you’re searching for a welder that feels comfortable to lug around and use, the Lincoln won’t disappoint you. It comes with a drive system that you can adjust according to your liking. The Lincoln Electric K2698 1 is specially designed to reduce wire crushing and tangling. For our welds, it produced an incredibly smooth job. Moreover, it has a comfortable handle that you can use whenever you want to carry the welder around.
Special Features of the Lincoln Electric K2698 1
Many things can be said about the Lincoln Electric K2698 1 and why it’s one of the best MIGs on the market. Here is a brief look at some of its most relevant features and what makes them so impressive!
- Multiple types of welding: Perhaps one of the most important features of this MIG welder is the fact that it does both gas-free flux core welding and gas-shielded MIG welding. This eliminates the need to have two separate devices for these tasks.
- Multiple materials: A close second when it comes to impressive characteristics, the Lincoln Electric K2698 1 has the ability to weld different materials, including aluminum welding, thick steel, and stainless steel.
- Wire feed speed control of 50-500 IPM.
- Input power of 208/230/1/60.
- Fully adjustable drive system: One of the features we already mentioned above, the drive system encourages comfortable welding.
- Enhanced conductivity: Another thing that stands out in the specifications of this MIG welder is the fact that it comes with a brass-to-brass gun connection. This feature allows for enhanced conductivity and a much easier welding process.
- Cast aluminum body: The interior of a welder isn’t the only thing that matters. The exterior is also important. Especially when it’s made of resistant cast metal that has rigid drive aids, as in the case of the Lincoln Electric K2698 1. The case ensures that this machine will last for a long time, while the aids help with wire alignment.
- Drive tension indicator: A feature that we’re particularly fond of, the indicator that shows you the drive tension is easy to use and extremely helpful for when you want to make sure the tension is constant.
- Duty cycle: We couldn’t provide you with a review of a MIG welder without also mentioning its duty cycle levels. In the case of this Lincoln Electric machine, the specifications are of an impressive 30% duty cycle at 130 Amps.
- Amenities: Were you expecting nothing else but the actual welder when ordering this machine? You’ll feel pleasantly surprised when we tell you about the ‘pack-ins’ included in the package. Other amenities include the gun with a 10-ft cable assembly, gasless and gas nozzles, .025 in. and .035 in. contact tips, a shielding gas apparatus, a spindle adapter for 8 in. diameter spools, a sample spool of .035 in. flux cored wire, and a sample spool of .025 in. MIG wire.
- Drive roll changeovers: One of the things that impressed us when using the Lincoln Electric K2698 1 MIG welder was the fact that you can change the drive roll extremely fast and easy, and you don’t need any tools to do it.
- Easy-turn indicator: We’ve already mentioned the fact that this machine comes with a drive tension indicator, but we must also tell you that it has an easy-turn feature that makes it even better.
- Versatility: Perhaps one of the biggest advantages of owning this MIG welder – regardless of whether you’re a more experienced welder or a beginner, you can use this model on multiple materials and in multiple ways. This versatility makes the K2698 a great investment for people who know they’re going to engage in welding activities quite often.
- Light-duty work: After using the Lincoln Electric K2698 1, it was difficult to find a superior welder at the same price point. We must mention, more as a warning than as a disadvantage, that welders who expect this model to perform heavy-duty work might be disappointed. Per the specs of this machine, it’s more suitable for light-duty work.
Cost and Warranty
If you’re interested in purchasing this product, you can do that by ordering it on Amazon for $649.99. When you order it, you can also request a warranty from customer service. Just beware of the fact that the warranty can’t be longer than 3 years.
The Lincoln Electric K2698 1 MIG welder is one of the best welders of its kind on the market. It costs a reasonable price considering its impressive specs. The k2698 comes with a fully equipped package and it’s a flexible and portable machine. You can weld different kinds of materials using more than one technique. We were incredibly pleased with this model. As such, we highly recommend this MIG welder for any welding enthusiast.